cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for SX8651/SX8650/SX8654 touch controller replacemnet for obsolete STMPE811

CiuppaPT
Associate III

I need some replacement for old STMPE811 resistive touch controller for our board.

Investigating the demo boards of ST we saw that this old component has been replaced by the

SX8651 on STM32F429-DISCO.

However, there are no drivers on the st repository. Can we expect some updates on the drivers of this component from ST?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @CiuppaPT​ ,

I shared your request with our development team to check with them if there is a planning to add SX8651 component to STM32Cube firmware packages for boards supporting it.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

CiuppaPT
Associate III

ok I look forward to it!

thanks!

Any update on this?

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello,

Please note that the drivers for the sx8651 are currently available under its dedicated Github repository.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the update.

The provided SX8651 driver does not fit the interface used in the latest STM32CubeF4 package (v1.26.2). How can we use it with the existing STM32F429-DISCO example code?