cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have any STM32 evaluation Board or Discovery Board with 7" or 10.1" TFT display running touchgfx?

VK Verma
Senior

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Such a board is not available from STMicroelectronics. However, if you observe the maximum resolution of the respective TFT controller and provide sufficient memory, you can build such a board yourself.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
VK Verma
Senior

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have many eval board and discovery board with display size of 4.3" at max. I tried to find out some eval board with 10" or 7" as now a days most of the applications demand at least this much display size. Can you suggest some reference design with 10" and 7" display size which I can adopt for our application's.

Also I observed that the display part number used by ST in all boards are not available for orders from the respective supplier and due to this it is very hard to put any design into production.

Regards,

VK Verma

The cost of such boards would tend to play against low cost / easy access objectives.

The screens are bought in significant volumes, and might have been chosen based on suppliers suggesting particularly high-running models they could produce most economically. This might result in custom/private part numbers.

Most design engineers have to build and prototype things that suit their own company goals, there's usually not the luxury of simply copying someone else's design as it either has too many features, or too few, or the wrong ones.

Perhaps build prototypes using parts you can source from places like WaveShare, and then work with LCD suppliers to come up with parts that suit your goals and volumes. DSI with common chipsets and resolutions should help portability and lateral movement.

Perhaps look at some of the MikroE, GHI or NewHaven boards? Or those from other HMI vendors

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Riverdi has some 7 and 10" boards

https://riverdi.com/product/7-inch-lcd-display-stm32h7-rvt70hssnwn00/

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi DeLorean,

I am trying to take my expertise to the level where I will be available add any display into my Touchgfx workspace, but was looking immediate solution for display supplier which can be procured to integrate in our boards. I tried to learn from "How to integrate TouchGFX in a custom board" by embryonic.dk youtuber. He addressed the right gap. There is no training video by ST on "How to integrate TouchGFX in a custom board" in my knowledge so far.  

TouchGfx is such a nice initiative by the ST to reduce overall BOM cost. It is a very strong feedback which I am sure ST might be getting from various developers.

Regards.

Hi DeLorean,

I appreciate for suggesting Riverdi Boards.

Thanks.