cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying integer variable problem for STM32F429-DISCO

Öyild.1
Associate II

I am using STM32F429-DISCO developer board and I am following this tutorial. I got two buttons for increasing and decreasing an integer counter.I would like to display this variable on screen. I applied all the steps but I got "?" icon when I push the increasing button and I got "??" icon when decreasing the variable. How can I solve this issue ?Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Öyild.1
Associate II

Hi,

I added 0-9 digits to not only default typography but also all typographies and it solved the problem. Thanks for helping.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello Öyild.1,

Here is an extract of the tutorial you're mentioning :

We need one more thing before the application is finished. TouchGFX only includes the characters needed, so we need to tell TouchGFX Designer to include the characters 0-9 in the "Default" typography. To do that, go back to TouchGFX Designer and click the "Texts" tab, then the "Typographies" tab. In the "Wildcard Ranges" column for the Default typography, add the range "0-9" (1).

As it explains, you need to add a Wildcard Range for TouchGFX to understand that it has to include all the digits from 0 to 9 when it compiles. Otherwise TouchGFX does not understand the character and replaces it by "?" instead.

/Alexandre

Öyild.1
Associate II

Hi Alexandra RENOUX,

I have done already what you said but nothing changed. It is recommended to set wildcard range in tutorial so I did it. What kind of thing might cause such a problem?

Öyild.1
Associate II

Hi,

I added 0-9 digits to not only default typography but also all typographies and it solved the problem. Thanks for helping.

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello Öyild.1,

Glad to hear your issue was fixed ^^

Please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Alexandre