cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying ADC Values on STM32F429-DISC1: Blank Screen

LNdungane
Associate II

Greetings All

Firstly, I am a beginner when it comes to using STM32 microcontrollers. For my final-year project I intend to implement a GUI using my the abovementioned board to display ADC values. I followed the prompts of a video on YouTube where TouchGFX and STMCubeIDE are used. In place of STMCubeIDE, I used Keil.

The video uses one ADC input, whereas I need four. I built a code that compiles (attached). My problem is that I even after loading the code onto my board and pressing the reset button, the display is still blank (white). What could the underlying cause(s) of this be? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as this is a pressing matter.

14 REPLIES 14
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Usually when you have a white display it means that you hit hardfault. Have you tried debugging and going step by step ?

What is the revision of your board ? From the project you shared I see revision D but i just want to be sure you chose the right one.

Were you able to display things before working with all the ADC inputs ?

/Romain

Javier1
Principal

>What could the underlying cause(s) of this be?

0693W00000FB1ZYQA1.jpg

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

jokes aside

, are you familiar with the debugger tool?

place some breakpoints and read the adc yourself without the need of screen.

we need to know what tutorial are you following.

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
LNdungane
Associate II

:beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes: I am familiar with the debugger tool ( to an extent).

This is what I see regarding the registers:

Also, alluding to the tutorial I tried: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbWOv_0Lp-U

Sorry about the image, here it is0693W00000FB2lfQAD.png

Greetings Romain

By Revision I am not too sure where to find this out. I chose the Discovery D01 board in TouchGFX. I have tried stepping - if I may ask what are the things I should look for during the stepping?

Lebohang

MM..1
Chief II

How you switch to Keil? Project is MX generated? Versions TGFX MX RTOS ?

And for simple you start with only show gui without an ADC. Create design and leave cpp files empty as generated.

The switch to Keil is from TouchGFX to STMCubeMX ​to initialise the peripherals, then I generate code for Keil. If I you are asking about the RTOS I'm using (I can't decipher your second question) I am using FREERTOS. Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it.

Decipher is how versions is every part software you used : TouchGFX 4.?? STMCubeMX 6.?? ...