cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DE mode and HSD/VSD mode

heyo
Senior

Hello, I'm using STM32H743ZIT6 and have question about DE mode and HSD/VSD mode. In my LCD datasheet is MODE pin with which I can select mode:
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkrKTQAY.pngWhat are difference between them? If I use DE mode I do not need to generate VSYNC and HSYNC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @heyo​ ,

As ready mentioned, generally, both of interfaces DE and HSD/VSD require HSYNC, VSYNC and a clocking signal.

But, by checking this datasheet and according the DE mode table this LCD require a vertical and horizontal sync signal.

I think this discussion can help you.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @heyo​ ,

Could you please refer to the LCD datasheet to determine the difference between these modes.

For some LCD, the difference between the DE and HV interfaces is that HV mode does not have the added data enable signal. The DE signal is used as an additional verification step to indicate valid data being transferred.

Generally, both of interfaces will require HSYNC, VSYNC and a clocking signal.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @heyo​ ,

As ready mentioned, generally, both of interfaces DE and HSD/VSD require HSYNC, VSYNC and a clocking signal.

But, by checking this datasheet and according the DE mode table this LCD require a vertical and horizontal sync signal.

I think this discussion can help you.

Thank you

Kaouthar