cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f4769I Display is not working

KSark.1
Associate II

Can you please help me understand why the display of the STM32F769I-DISC board is not working anymore , it was fine 4 days ago , i recently installed the latest software packs and IDE's and tried to flash some custom application and the display was gone , I thought I was doing something wrong so I tried to flash the demo code from the st site still no luck , I have found that the display backlight is on and the right hand(please see the image highlighted in red) side is hot to touch (~45-60ish ).

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDIXZQA4.png I am very positive that there was no short circuit or physical damage to the board.

I want to know if the software configuration (from cube mx or touchgfx ) can damage the display ? If yes then please help me understand those scenarios . I will buy a new display but want to be sure that that new display also wont just stop working like this one did.

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Kankan Sarkar​ and welcome to the Community 🙂 ,

Could you please check if the display is damaged or not by using the LCD_DSI examples from the STM32CubeF7 package.

If the STM32F769I-Discovery board is attached to a MB1166-A09 LCD display revision, you just need to enable the right target hardware as defined in stm32f769i_discovery.h

By default, the old board version with OTM8009A is selected ,

/* options in order to select the target board revision: !!!!!!!!!! */
/* USE_STM32F769I_DISCO */ /* Applicable for all boards except STM32F769I DISCOVERY REVB03 */
/* USE_STM32F769I_DISCO_REVB03 */ /* Applicable only for STM32F769I DISCOVERY w/ MB1166-A09 LCD daughter board connected on */

Please let me know if the problem is still persists.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KSark.1
Associate II

That might be a probable cause , I will give it a try this eve.

Btw , i have tried to load the demo software found here , do you think that the the demo is also built for STM32F769I_DISCO_REVB03.

KSark.1
Associate II

So i have tried to uploading one of the example project binaries and the display did not work . After a teardown i found this(highlighted in red boundary) whole region was hot (i could not keep my finger on there for long) but not burning.
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDLBWQA4.png 

Ordered a new display unit  , hopefully i do not brick that too.