cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCMI High resolution

Javad
Associate III

Hi,

I try to make stm32l496 as a video camera device. I use Ov5640 sensor. The aim is that taking photos and send them to the host device directly (like a webcam). 

The challenge is that when I try to use high resolutions, due to I don't use any memory, how I can handle it and send the data through otg? I want to use WVGA resolution (800x480) with JPEG format.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Jävad Maleki​ ,

For DCMI High resolution, you should use the Double-buffer mode.

But, the Double-buffer mode is not available in STM32L496 devices.

You can refer to the section "4.4.8 Double-buffer mode for medium resolutions (snapshot or continuous capture)" in this AN5020 Digital camera interface (DCMI) on STM32 MCUs

0693W00000SvSgLQAV.jpg 

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Javad,

You should consider some parameters like: the pixel clock, the supported data format...

Higher resolution require maximum DCMI pixel clock.

You can check the product datasheet, and I recommend that you refer to this AN5020 Digital camera interface (DCMI) on STM32 MCUs

that helps you on DCMI configuration.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Jävad Maleki​ ,

For DCMI High resolution, you should use the Double-buffer mode.

But, the Double-buffer mode is not available in STM32L496 devices.

You can refer to the section "4.4.8 Double-buffer mode for medium resolutions (snapshot or continuous capture)" in this AN5020 Digital camera interface (DCMI) on STM32 MCUs

0693W00000SvSgLQAV.jpg 

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

Thanks
Imen