cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using separate typographies for separate languages in TouchGFX

sute
Associate III

I am developing a TouchGFX application that should support multiple languages such as English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean. I am having significant troubles finding a suitable font that has all these languages combined to a single file. For example Noto Sans comes with different files for Japanese, Chinese and Korean. There are some attempts to combine them to a single file, e.g., https://github.com/satbyy/go-noto-universal but even that cannot include Korean characters to the same file since it would be too many symbols.

My question is then if I have a single text in TouchGFX, how do I use a different font for different languages since I haven't found a way to have all languages in one font file.

1 REPLY 1
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello sute,

We're doing a new tutorial about how to use texts and add new languages. We'll make it available on our support website soon 🙂

And concerning your issue, I recommend you to add as many font as langauge you want to support on your project. I use Google font to find them and integrate them to my project by putting the ttf file inside the font folder (MyApplication\TouchGFX\assets\fonts).

Then, to use them on TouchGFX Designer, do as follow :

• Click on "Texts" the left panel and go to the the "Typographies" tab.
  • Select the Typography your working with on the left, and click on the "+" button under language Settings.0693W00000SvRRPQA3.png
  • Click on the language you want to support0693W00000SvRV2QAN.png
  • Select your language and choose the right font supporting it.0693W00000SvRhwQAF.png
  • Do the same with your second language0693W00000SvRleQAF.png
  • Now if you change your language, you will see all texts with the supported font.

0693W00000SvRmNQAV.png0693W00000SvRmhQAF.png0693W00000SvRmwQAF.png 

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX