cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Display FT800 TFT Resistive Touch Controller

can.1
Associate

I need to use a custom display for my undergraduate thesis and I want to do my GUI with TouchGFX. However I could not use the custom display. I could not make the settings or necessary definitions of SPI (I done SPI settings in CubeMX but couldn't done in frame buffer integrations) and I want to learn about this subject in detail. I am using STM32F429 and my tft driver is FT800 or I have FT812 (I have both) and 4.3" resistive display. I really a need help!

2 REPLIES 2
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Please have a look at https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/touchgfx-hal-development/scenarios/scenarios-fmc (Covers SPI and FMC) and see if you can get some hints.

In the meantime you need to provide a lot more information if i am to assist you. What does "I could not make it work" cover? What did you try? What was the result? etc. Thanks.

/Martin

can.1
Associate

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​  ,

Here, sending red to the screen;

do

{

cmdBufferRd = ft800memRead16(REG_CMD_READ); // Read the graphics processor read pointer

cmdBufferWr = ft800memRead16(REG_CMD_WRITE); // Read the graphics processor write pointer

}while (cmdBufferWr != cmdBufferRd); // Wait until the two registers match

cmdOffset = cmdBufferWr; // The new starting point the first location after the last command

ft800memWrite32(RAM_CMD + cmdOffset, (CMD_DLSTART));// Start the display list

cmdOffset = incCMDOffset(cmdOffset, 4); // Update the command pointer

ft800memWrite32(RAM_CMD + cmdOffset, (DL_CLEAR_RGB | RED)); //Set the default clear color to Red (defined global var)

ft800memWrite32(RAM_CMD + cmdOffset, (DL_CLEAR | CLR_COL | CLR_STN | CLR_TAG)); // Clear the screen - this and the previous prevent artifacts between lists

// Attributes are the color, stencil and tag buffers

ft800memWrite32(RAM_CMD + cmdOffset, (DL_DISPLAY)); // Instruct the graphics processor to show the list

ft800memWrite32(RAM_CMD + cmdOffset, (CMD_SWAP)); // Make this list active

ft800memWrite16(REG_CMD_WRITE, (cmdOffset)); // Update the ring buffer pointer so the graphics processor starts executing

*Definition of ft800memWrite32;

void ft800memWrite32(unsigned long ftAddress, unsigned long ftData32)

{

unsigned char cTempAddr[3]; // FT800 Memory Address

unsigned char cTempData[4]; // 32-bit data to write

cTempAddr[2] = (char) (ftAddress >> 16) | MEM_WRITE; // Compose the command and address to send

cTempAddr[1] = (char) (ftAddress >> 8); // middle byte

cTempAddr[0] = (char) (ftAddress); // low byte

cTempData[3] = (char) (ftData32 >> 24); // Compose data to be sent - high byte

cTempData[2] = (char) (ftData32 >> 16);  

cTempData[1] = (char) (ftData32 >> 8);

cTempData[0] = (char) (ftData32); // low byte

HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOE, FT800_CS_N, GPIO_PIN_RESET); // Set chip select low 

for (int i = 2; i >= 0; i--)

{

HAL_SPI_Transmit(&hspi3, &cTempAddr[i], 1, 0); // Send Memory Write plus high address byte

}

for (int j = 0; j < sizeof(cTempData); j++) // Start with least significant byte

{

HAL_SPI_Transmit(&hspi3, &cTempData[j], 1, 0); // Send SPI byte

}

HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOE, FT800_CS_N, GPIO_PIN_SET); // Set chip select high

}

When I write as above, I can send red to the screen but I did not understand how to do this with touchgfx.

I don't have any idea how to write code to transfer pixels from a touchgfx frame buffer to a display.

Sincerely.

/Can