cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently working on a application in which there are 100+screens based on the set of machine parameters.

ukala.1
Associate

Can anyone suggest a better way to develop the application. Do i need to strictly follow the MVP architecture for all the screens. Currently using the TouchGFX tool to generate the code,which makes the Frontend application file quite large. Any general steps/ideas while developing such large application.

2 REPLIES 2
wired
Senior III

If you have 100+ screens, I think you need to rethink how you're going to approach your user interface. It sounds like you could have usability issues.

If all these screens have similar information, but different parameters, you should be able to handle that with one common screen that is customized upon entry for the specific machine. I would consider things like that (combining screens with common functionality) if at all possible. Without knowing more about your application, it's impossible to give a more targeted response.

+1

And at the very least how to write scripts or automate the process, or how TouchGFX manages it meta-data / resources. If it were me, I'd be picking this stuff apart to get leverage and scaling.

In other systems the "resources" are kept in file systems or indexes such that they can be swapped out independently, and translated into local languages, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..