cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX 5.5.0 + Touch GFX Designer 4.13: GUI can run without freeRTOS on own HW STM32F429\439 TFT RGB 16bit LTDC?

maurizio23
Associate II

Hi,

I have my own hardware that run without freeRTOS on STM32F429 with STemWin GUI.

In the revision hw I'm evaluation to use UI based on Touch GFX latest ver 4.13 + CubeMX 5.5.0.

Can I migrate my full application without use freeRTOS with Touch GFX UI?

If the answer is no, creating 2 task should be a valid solution?

• task a) UI for Tocuh GFX;
  • task b) applications with all state machine already developed

If the answer is yes (as read in the latest application note), do exist example of UI TouchGFX without freeRTOS?

Thank you.

Maurizio Brignoli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III
7 REPLIES 7
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You can run TouchGFX with no operating system just fine, or by using a different one.

If you create a touchgfx application through TouchGFX Generator (CubeMX 5.5) and select no os then you'll get a driver generated that uses simple variables and not OS semaphores/queues.

Otherwise here's how to achieve it:

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204887741-Running-TouchGFX-without-an-operating-system

EDIT: Please see attachment below.

/Martin

maurizio23
Associate II

Link is not available even I'm logged into my ST or touch GFx account. Please check.

Here is the answer:

oops

You're not authorized to access this page

Take me back to the home page

I have add to cubeMX 5.5.0 the additional software Touch GFX Generator and generate code for KEIL MDK 5 and CubeIDE. The folder created do not contain any reference to Touch GFX folder to start with Touch GFX Designer.

I'm using STM32F439II mcu LQFP172.

Thank you.

Maurizio

Sorry about Touch GFX Generator. I forget to enable and setting the Configuration with CubeMX5.5.0.... I will continue

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

maurizio23
Associate II

Thank you for document, still not available from my browser.

I'm working to merge the sample TouchGFX for stm32f429i_discovery with my own hardware with STM32F439II without OS.

I have this question to work without OS: may I use the interrupt from LTDC RRIF to execute the periodic frame rendering calling touchgfx_taskEntry();?

This is the RM0090 RRIF description: "Register Reload interrupt: generated when the shadow registers reload was performed during the vertical blanking period"

Thnak you

Maurizio

You should not call taskEntry() manually. It's the main event loop of touchgfx and will never return. Not sure if this is what you're asking.

OK, thank you. I will check with KEIL compiler bymyself my hypotesis regarding RRIF with LTDC interrupt.

I keep you update if somthing wrong..