cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completly new here. My question is how do I use the Stm32G701-nucleo board template in TouchGfx designer to configure a project for the Stm32 Nucleo-G070RB board? Because there is no template for the Stm32 Nucleo-G070RB board in TouchGfx designer.

RKazl.1
Associate II

5 REPLIES 5
tsibg
Associate II

I am also new with TouchGFX stuff and I had exactly the same problem - I figured out that you can just flash the G071 demo project onto G070 dev board. At least as a fast evaluation approach.

I also tried creating new G070 project with CubeMX.

Long story short: Add and configure TouchGFX Software Pack, set up all you need - GPIOs, SPI, DMA (look out for the default callback generation configuration). Generate everything with CubeMX and than the TouchGFX Designer (the MX generates a directory with a project template for it).

I also ported the drivers from the demo project as I needed them. What I missed was the external SPI flash, but it was enough for me.

Thank you for your reply, could you explain what does "flash the G071 demo project onto G070 dev board" mean?

TouchGFX Designer allows you to generate project for Nucleo-G071RB board. This project can be programmed to the Nucle-G070RB board. It just works. Click the "Run Target" button 😉

Note: I haven't tested or researched the exact difference between the two MCUs, I have used this approach only for fast evaluating the TouchGFX capabilities.

However, you can use CubeMX to generate a new project from scratch for the correct board/MCU . When you include the Software Pack for TouchGFX it will also generate a template file to open with the Designer.

RKazl.1
Associate II

When I generate the code for the Nucleo-G071RB board in TouchGFX and click run while I have the  Nucle-G070RB board plugged in it results in an error

What is the error? I suppose it is something different.

Fast proof of concept:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7xaZMGLh9I

BTW: I restart it by hand as I do not have external SPI Flash as the project expects, but I am in the middle of something else and cannot rewire.