cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation errors in project created from STM32F0429 board with touchGFX interface

kvkhekale
Associate II

Hello all,

We are working on STM32F429 Discovery board.

Following are the steps we followed to create a project in TrueStudio using CubeMX and TouchGFX

1. Create a project in CubeMX by defining STM32F429 Discovery board .
  2. Do the configuration in GRAPHICS as shown in the screenshot as an attachment herewith
  3. Generate the code
  4. Open TouchGFX project throuch "Execute" button on the same screen
  5. Add a simple image in TouchGFX
  6. Generate the code in TouchGFX
  7. Again open CubeMX and generate the code in TrueStudio
  8. Compile the project created in TrueStudio containing CubeMX with UI created in TouchGFX

0690X000006D68NQAS.png

But this results in compilation and linking errors as shown in below screenshots0690X000006D68XQAS.png

0690X000006D69aQAC.png

Please help me with the solution to above errors

UPDATE:

One more change I did in testing today.

1. Create a CubeMX project with GRAPHICS enabled
  2. Generate the code and compile it in TrueSTUDIO without any touchGFX interface attached to it.

RESULT: Same compilation errors as above

There are no compilation/linking errors without GRAPHICS enabled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

The TouchGFX+CubeMX+TrueSTUDIO integration is not complete. This first implementation was not really intended for TrueSTUDIO so I would doubt that it would work out of the box.

FSTKMARO
Associate II

Note that you will have to tweak your display clock in cubemx for the stm32f429 to work. I think it is all covered in the link that @Mon2​  indicated above.

Which integration would be better than TouchGFX+CubeMX+TrueSTUDIO? Can you suggest?

Thank you very much for the answer.

Now my project has successfully built and running on the board.

Will still have to make some changes in graphics settings to get the best image result, though.

Thank you for a detailed tutorial regarding creation of project.

I can now run my project successfully.

But, now if I have to glow an LED on board, upon button press event on touchscreen, how should I proceed?

I am searcing for handler functions for the event of Button press.

Event regarding button press is "handleClickEvent" in Application.hpp, right?

Even after setting a breakpoint in the respective location, the control is not getting set at that location.

Please suggest me where to keep my breakpoint to detect Button Press.

Hi. You will need to study the following:

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205074561-Connecting-the-UI-to-your-system

While this is all new to us as well, the TouchGFX uses what is referenced as the MVP model of design.

M = Model

V = View

P = Presenter

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205717801-The-Screen-Concept-and-Model-View-Presenter

So, V = your LCD screen where you will use the GUI tool to build a button

Use the same GUI tool to launch a virtual routine.

Modify this routine to call the Presenter - this presenter can be considered a "mail man" who takes your packet from the LCD screen to your physical hardware.

The physical hardware is the Model.

Once the model receives this alert packet of data, you will use standard HAL routines to toggle your physical LED.

Somewhere in the YouTube videos is a nice webinar posting that details all of these steps but unable to locate it at this time. Will search for it again later.

The examples at the above URL also offer great examples for your review and on subject. We have done this but took us a few hours to digest the procedure. Always is difficult the first time around. Time permitting, will review to document in another future tutorial. Hope this helps.

Found it !!

Great video that should clarify the process required to interact hardware with the TouchGFX tools:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQO7zhX0e0Q

The video is by Martin @Martin KJELDSEN​ (now works for ST) who monitors this forum.

PS: We are close to performing all of these steps as well in the next week or so.

Hope this helps.

The links are great! Going through it. Will let you know the updates.

Thanks a lot for posting the link as well!