cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open .IOC file when generated by TouchGFX Designer

SPang.1
Associate III

I have a Nucleo-G071RB and GFX01M1 display board.

I'm using TochGFX 4.15.0 to generate the project. It generated the files and I then when into CubeIDE, the code compiled and managed to downloaded into the board and all working ok.

I now want to add some GPIO pins to the project. I tried to open the .IOC file by double clicking it but it won't open and it give me an error of:

Invalid Input: Must be project's active .ioc file.

Project's 'STM32G071_test_28-10-20' active one is 'STM32G071_test_28-10-20.ioc' file

How can I fix this ?

CubeIDE is version 1.4.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Maybe you confused STM32CubeIDE by manually renaming the project folder name after creating it from STM32G071_NUCLEO to STM32G071_NUCLEO_30-10-20, right?

The error message means that CubeIDE can no longer find the original IOC. Please rename it to the new name and use a text editor to change the content as well, as the previous name is also there.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please try to open the project in CubeIDE using

File > Open Projects from File System...

enter or navigate to the path of your project, but only select the line with the Eclipse project.

(alternatively you can also import the IOC using File > Import, but this might take a bit longer)

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SPang.1
Associate III

I can't do a File > Open Projects from File System...because the project is already imported. I had to create a new workspace to do it but I can't find any option on "only select the line with the Eclipse project." Where is this ?

I did tried the " import the IOC using File > Import, " but that created a new project. I can open the IOC file but all the files that were generated by TouchGFX was not there. I then tried to open TouchGFX designer to re-create the GUI and regenerate the files but back at CubeIDE it won't compile after that.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Interesting that you can't open the IOC of a project that has already been imported.

But you can give it a try: right-click and delete the already imported project from workspace (don't tick the box Delete project contents on disk) and then try my first proposal again.

Explanation for "only select the line with the Eclipse project": while importing a file structure the CubeIDE tries to import everything it finds. In case of the path of your project it should propose two folders to import: the <project root folder> and the <project root folder>\STM32CubeIDE, while the latter one is marked with Eclipse project. Please remove the tick mark at the <project root folder> and just keep the 2nd one, then start the import using Finish.

SPang.1
Associate III

When I tried the import, there is only one project shown.

0693W0000059qNyQAI.jpgIt imported and compiled sucessfully but when I double the IOC file I get this error.

0693W0000059qONQAY.jpg

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Maybe you confused STM32CubeIDE by manually renaming the project folder name after creating it from STM32G071_NUCLEO to STM32G071_NUCLEO_30-10-20, right?

The error message means that CubeIDE can no longer find the original IOC. Please rename it to the new name and use a text editor to change the content as well, as the previous name is also there.

SPang.1
Associate III

Renaming it back seems to fix the problem.

I was following this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiPtQp4chG0

At 3:30 it says edit the .project file and change the <name>

Thanks for your help.