cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use TouchGFX for STM32F413ZH based custom Board? If yes Please explain How?

BG.3
Associate III

Hi there!

I am using a STM32F413ZH-based custom board, and I am a beginner to LCD and TFT interfaces with the STM32F4. I was looking into the option of GUI applications and found TouchGFX. But I don't know how to use that and integrate it with my custom board. Please tell me how to integrate TouchGFX on my STM32F413ZH-based custom board. If it can't be used, then let me know about any other applications.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @BG.3 ,

I recommend you create your project using STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeMX. Then add TouchGFX component from device configuration tool that will allows you to design your application. Compiling the TouchGFX project using TouchGFX Designer/Environment.

Please have a look at this video that will help you on your project: TouchGFX Webinar - Project customization

Other videos are available to set up your own custom board with TouchGFXHow to integrate TouchGFX in a custom board.

Hope this helped you 🙂

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @BG.3 ,

I recommend you create your project using STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeMX. Then add TouchGFX component from device configuration tool that will allows you to design your application. Compiling the TouchGFX project using TouchGFX Designer/Environment.

Please have a look at this video that will help you on your project: TouchGFX Webinar - Project customization

Other videos are available to set up your own custom board with TouchGFXHow to integrate TouchGFX in a custom board.

Hope this helped you 🙂

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
BG.3
Associate III

Thanks, Imen, I will take a look at it and try it. Thanks once again.

Shashikant_Hiremath
Associate III

@Imen.D Did you get touch gfx worked up and running on custom board?
If yes, Please let me know how to get it up

Hello @Shashikant_Hiremath,

Did you encounter such issues? Which board are you using? Do you get an error message?

You should start and create your project from STM32CubeMX, configure properly your project and include files.

Don't forget to uncheck "Generate Under Root" checkbox before clicking on the generate code button, to generate the toolchain project files under a dedicated toolchain folder.

If possible, to provide more details on your issue and error message you have.

Thanks
Imen

Hello @Imen.D ,

I'm using STM Board as of now nucleo h7a3zi-q board connected to LVDS display 24bit RGB that uses LTDC interface.

I had followed this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRQD8JMeg_k
I tried but it didn't worked out well means basically display doesn't work.
But display works without FreeRTOS and Touchgfx i tried it by filling framebuffer using C array code.
STM doesn't have good tutorial for custom board i searched it.

I'm attaching entire project which i tried by using this above link.
The project attached that is compressed using 7zip tool and you can unzip using the same tool.
So please help me in getting it working solution.

Thanks in advance!