cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 and NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q - Touch GFX

MEde.1
Associate III

I am probably missing something obvious but the NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q is listed as compatible with the X-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 but within Touch GFX when I "Create New" and search for the GFX02Z1 there are only two options, the Nucleo-H563ZI and the Nucleo-U575ZI.

I have searched here and googled but haven't found anything useful. I have checked the manual UM2905 and whilst that lists the pinouts there is nothing about TouchGFX.

How do I generate a new TouchGFX project for X-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 and NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q combination?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MEde.1 ,

That's right, STM32CubeIDE can "open" the ioc file as well, it's just a preferred software of mine, I use STM32CubeIDE as a tool to write code while STM32CubeMX as a configuration tool. Totally fine to use STM32CubeIDE only.

Yes of course, you can check our documentation which explains step-by-step the TouchGFX Abstraction Layer development, I believe it's what you're looking for.

If you need it, you can check the board bring up documentation as well (for hardware configuration).

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @MEde.1,

Indeed we have not created a TouchGFX board Setup for this Nucleo board (yet). TBSs are premade projects ready to be used with TouchGFX meaning that everything is configured to start building a Graphical application. That includes screen configuration, memory configuration, etc..
Therefore we do not provide a TBS for all stm32 boards especially when it's not a discovery or eval board.
But what you could do is to create your own project from STM32CubeMX to use this NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q with the screen you have and include TouchGFX to your project. You can of course take inspiration from our Nucleo-H563ZI and Nucleo-U575ZI TBS on TouchGFX Designer, we recommend that 🙂

Hope I answered your question, if you need more help don't hesitate to reach out on the community 😉

Osman SOYKURT

Hi Osram, 

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I am somewhat confused. If the only things you can create a new project for are the development boards, how does one then actually develop anything for production using TouchGFX Designer? The individual STM32 MCU's aren't listed either. Or is the imagined route to find a dev board that has the MCU you are hoping to use to develop the HMI on that and then copy some of the files into STMCube32IDE?

I am trying to understand what the anticipated workflow is here.

The obvious thought is just to purchase one of the boards with an existing TBS but I am just not seeing how you then move to the next stage i.e. custom board using your MCU of choice for production

Hello,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, TouchGFX is compatible with a wide range of STM32 microcontrollers, we do not limit TouchGFX to the boards listed in TouchGFX Designer. You can see TBSs as examples of projects using TouchGFX on STM32 boards, but in production, you will have your own custom board that matches your specific needs, such as screen dimensions, drivers, flash or RAM size, and other hardware requirements.

Although TouchGFX provides examples for STM32 Discovery boards, it is not specifically designed for use on these boards. However, these examples can help to understand how TouchGFX works and how it can be used on custom boards. The normal process would be to create your project on STM32CubeMX and then integrate the X-CUBE-TOUHCHGFX software pack to be able to create your graphical application on TouchGFX Designer 🙂

I hope this clarifies my last message. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Osman SOYKURT

Hi Osman,

Ah right, thank you for that. So I am pretty familiar with creating projects in STM32CubeIDE and it was relatively straightforward to add  X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX software pack and adjusting the resolution to 320 x 240 has resulted in something that looks like the GFX02Z1 appearing when I open the "DISPLAY.touchgfx" file (DISPLAY being the STM32CubeIDE project). I have opened the project in CubeMX but it doesn't seem to offer anything over and above editing the IOC in STM32CubeIDE?

What I am still slightly unclear about is what I do next, can you point me to where I should look for some more information on this, maybe there is a step-by-step for a different board? There are quite a few configuration settings that are somewhat opaque. Drivers etc. I'm not particularly keen on using FreeRTOS

Thank you for your help much appreciated.

Hello @MEde.1 ,

That's right, STM32CubeIDE can "open" the ioc file as well, it's just a preferred software of mine, I use STM32CubeIDE as a tool to write code while STM32CubeMX as a configuration tool. Totally fine to use STM32CubeIDE only.

Yes of course, you can check our documentation which explains step-by-step the TouchGFX Abstraction Layer development, I believe it's what you're looking for.

If you need it, you can check the board bring up documentation as well (for hardware configuration).

Osman SOYKURT
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @MEde.1 ,

Have you found the information you were looking for? Do you need more help from the community?
If your question is answered, I invite you to select the best answer; it helps other people to find a solution to the same issue much easier 🙂

Osman SOYKURT
MEde.1
Associate III

Thanks for the reminder, Osman.

I have purchased an STM32H747I-Disco board. I figured that baby steps would be a good idea, so I will get familiar with TouchGFX and the jargon first, then get external hardware working with it and then finally custom hardware. Lots to do 🙂 Thank you for your help.