cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can any of you give me a small MCU list that i can use without any additional display controller chip for my 5"display ? i would like to use TouchGFX. please see attracted for display data sheet

Ikiss.1
Associate II

or i have to use SSD1963 controller no matter what MCU i pick ?

5 REPLIES 5
berendi
Principal

Although any MCU with a LTDC controller would do, I'd recommend the STM32H743 in a package of at least 144 pins (176 if using a 32 bit SDRAM module)

You need the external SDRAM (8 MBytes/64 MBits would do) to hold the framebuffer memory, the internal one is barely enough for displaying simple graphics with a reduced color set, and I'm afraid that the fragmented internal memory map might not play well with touchgfx. Consider adding an external flash module as well if you want to display a lot of graphics. You can use the schematics of the STM32H745I-Discovery board as a reference design.

Ikiss.1
Associate II

Thank you so much, so if i want to go for sure i can use one of the discovery boards as reference design

in my device i would like to have OTA firmware update and been able to generate unique serial number.

is that any MCU have this in one package ?

for serial generation i assume OTP would do it.

You'll have to write the firmware, but the F4, H7 series have 96-bit UNIQUE ID values, check Reference Manuals

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ikiss.1
Associate II

yeah but as i see 96-bit UNIQUE ID values pretty difficult to convert/shrink it to actual digestible serial number.

OTP wouldn't it be better ?

is that any MCU have this in one package ?

Big TFT support and wireless on one chip? I don't think so. But OTA should work with any sensible wireless module.