cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs in project STemwin OoB demo for DISCOVERY STM32h747I

Jvela.11
Associate II

I found a bug in the project named "STemWin-STM32H747I-DISCO-OoB, after some time in the STLink uart appears messages about memory leaking :

_cbBk() : Memory leak detected after running the module Dual Core : 298704/298440

In this case the application continue running after the messages appears.

The other bug only happen when I navigate and enter in "dual core" option .I'm able to see the four videos running and the fractal render ,but after a while it freezes and appears the next message :

assertion "REENT malloc succeeded" failed: file "/build/gnu-tools-for-stm32_9-2020-q2-update.20201001-1621/src/newlib/newlib/libc/stdlib/rand.c", line 78

I don't understand why this fw behaves different than the demo binary wich work perfectly.

I've saw this issue in others post without solution, I hope this one finally resolve.

Thanks in advance !

2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Jvela.1​ ,

I'm trying to reproduce the issue on my side using MDK-ARM with the workspace STemWin-STM32H747I-DISCO-OoB available under STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0. I'll keep you informed on this regard.

Please let me know if you are following the same steps as well and using the same configuration.

But if you would like to execute the demonstration as is, please follow the description provided in the readme.txt file available in the path STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0\Projects\STM32H747I-DISCO\Demonstrations.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Jvela.1​ ,

Are there any updates on your side?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.