cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootup animation

KNara.2
Associate III

Hi,

I have a project with about 10 screens implemented and the requirement is that an animation needs to be displayed during bootup of the device.

Is there a way to go ahead and add another extra screen with animation and call that during bootup?

Or Should I create a new TouchGFX project with only animation screen and bootup code alone and run this project first and then call the 10 screens project?

Please guide.

Thanks & Regards,

Keerthi

2 REPLIES 2
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @KNara.2 ,

I am not sure what you mean by "animation".

However, you can look at our demos (ex : demo 7) that are available in TouchGFX Designer.
There we have some kind of animation at the start of the board, we do that by playing a video for about 5 seconds. The video is full screen on a unique screen and we have an animation that waits for 5 seconds before changing to the "main screen".

You could do the same thing :

1. create one more screen and select it as startup screen
  2. add a video widget to it where the video is your animation
  3. create an interaction that waits for x seconds before being triggered and changing to your "home screen" / "main screen"

I hope this helps!
If this message answers your question, I invite you to select it as "best answer".

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)
unsigned_char_array
Senior III

TouchGFX projects technically don't need a boot animation as they boot almost instantly. The easiest is to communicate this with your customer first and perhaps they will scrap the requirement. But some customers want a logo displayed on boot (and perhaps firmware version or other info on the screen). In my case I convinced the customer to reduce the time of the boot logo from 5 seconds to 2 seconds as there is no need for it to take that long and it's enough to see the logo.
A separate project is completely unnecessary and extra work. Unless you integrate it into the bootloader, but then your bootloader becomes too complicated.

So just add an extra screen. In TouchGFX you can create animations in code (moveanimator), video, or animated pictures.

Kudo posts if you have the same problem and kudo replies if the solution works.
Click "Accept as Solution" if a reply solved your problem. If no solution was posted please answer with your own.