cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitmaps incorrectly rendered when flash is used >30% (using online demo STM32G071 NUCLEO)

AAnis.1
Associate II

Hello ,

Im currently exploring Touch gfx capabilities on low cost hardware (STM32G071  + SPI LCD shield) , and i comme across a bug .

steps to reproduce :

• Start a fresh new project on Touch GFX using online demo , choose STM32G071 demo
  • Load a few additional image to project (a series of 40 png issued from a splitted .gif file total size : 150kb
  • Connect board
  • generate code and flash target

Results : some images of GUI gets missed up ( black lines ) like : navigation arrow , touch gfx logo and some texts disappear .

I suppose this is due to low ram available , can you please explain ow touchgfx is allocating cache for bitmaps in demo project? since the board has a NOR non mapped flash chip for assets storage does it mean that all assets are being cached on startup ? if yes why touchgfx still call for SPI data reader each time i switch screen ?

Sorry for long post but i'm quit confused : / , many thanks in advance

Ps : please find attached te additional images i'm using

Ps2: The additional images are just loaded into project but never used or referenced , so i find it quit awkward that they are being loaded into cache since there is no call for them

11 REPLIES 11
N. SANTINI
ST Employee

Hi,

I just checked the source code of the external loader and you are fully right, it contained 64 sectors instead of 128 in the description.

This was not noticed since the demo had enough room for its assets.

Please find attached a corrected version of the external loader, just unzip it in the following folder :

c:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\ExternalLoader\

(adapt to your CubeProgrammer installation folder)

or, if you are using CubeIDE :

c:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.5.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.cubeprogrammer.win32_1.5.0.202011040924\tools\bin\ExternalLoader\

then close and re-open CubeProgrammer.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Best regards, 

Nicolas SANTINI

STMicroelectronics

T.O.M.A.S. - Technically Oriented Microcontroller Application Services

AAnis.1
Associate II

Hello Nicolas and thanks for joining in ,

I just tried out with this updated external flash loader and it's working like a charm 🙂 , hopefully the online demo application gets updated and i think this post might be helpful for others ^^.

I'll mark this post as answered .

Best regards

Aniss