cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About STM32F429 TouchGFX Using External Flash (W25Q128)

MKoca.1
Senior

Hello to everyone. I am working with STM32F429 mcu on Touchgfx. I have successfully run the Touchgfx. I am using a 7inch screen and sending images line by line with DMA. I want to use an external flash as I have too many images to use. I am using W25Q128 flash. Normally I was able to write and read, but could not integrate it with Touchgfx. I could not integrate the MB1642BDataReader library in the STM32G0 example into STM32F429. Would you help me with this topic? Am I following the wrong path? @Flemming Gram CHRISTENSEN​ @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

13 REPLIES 13
zzzzz
Senior

0693W000008GhFNQA0.pngI don't know how to make an external flash loader. But I found one spi flash loader in ST utility external loaders. There should have a way to make one.

Maybe post a new question to ask about this.

Hope you solve this problem.

It is basically a byte field in the loader header that specifies it being an SPI_FLASH

I'd need to know the pins and SPIx involved to port the W25Q128 loader over to an F4

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Uusta.1
Associate III

Did you become successful to implement Spi Flash to your project? If so, could you share how to?

MKoca.1
Senior

We have since suspended this issue, we are currently using the STM32F429's internal flash. We think that if we use external flash it will slow down the speed of our application. That's why we won't use external flash unless we have to. But if there is more detailed and informative content about external flash and GFX for other projects, we would be glad to see and learn about it.