cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What all security features can be implemented in boot mode in "STM32L0" (STM32L071CZT6TR) series controller?

sm.3
Associate II

Hi i am using STM32L071CZ controller and i am trying to firmware update the controller using UART protocol and during that firmware update in boot mode what all security features i can implement for a secured firmware update ,Security features which i want to implement in boot mode are as follows

1.Anti Tamper.

2.power monitoring.

3.Temperature monitoring. 

4.IWDG.

5.AES HW.

Please kindly confirm what all features that can be implemented in boot mode,

Thanks in Advance,

SHARATH.M

3 REPLIES 3
Javier1
Principal

What do you mean with "boot mode", are you developing your own bootloader?

If you are developing your own bootloader:

1. Antitamper, what kind of tamper?
  2. The supplied 3v3 voltage is connected to one of the ADC channels , if you need to measure current youd need an external IC.
  3. The internal dice temperature sensor is connected to one of the ADC channels of your stm32L0
  4. stm32l0 has an IWDG abailable.
  5. I have no experience with this, i believe youd have to implement it in firmware.
we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
sm.3
Associate II

Yes i am developing my own custom bootloader ,

boot mode means i am activating the bootloader by making the BOOT0 pin high ,after that what all security features can be implemented please let me know ,

1)Antitamper means-the anti-tamper protection is used to detect physical tampering actions on the device and to take related countermeasures. In the case of tampering detection, the SBSFU application example forces a reboot. can it be implemented in After activation of bootloader not in application layer.

2)If i use any external IC can i access those data in bootloader and how to process that i am new to this so please provide if there are any documents that will be helpful.

3)How to access those data in bootloader ,so please provide any documents if any.

Thanks in Advance,

SHARATH.M

Yes i am developing my own custom bootloader ,

boot mode means i am activating the bootloader by making the BOOT0 pin high ,after that what all security features can be implemented please let me know ,

1)Antitamper means-the anti-tamper protection is used to detect physical tampering actions on the device and to take related countermeasures. In the case of tampering detection, the SBSFU application example forces a reboot. can it be implemented in After activation of bootloader not in application layer.

2)If i use any external IC can i access those data in bootloader and how to process that i am new to this so please provide if there are any documents that will be helpful.

3)How to access those data in bootloader ,so please provide any documents if any.