cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to erase STM32H743 device. How to recover the device?

mr.1
Associate III

I have flashed the SBSFU application with write protection enabled for flash address 0x08000000.

After that, I am unable to erase using jlink commander.exe as well as by IAR->project->Download->erase.

STM32H743 has SWD interface and i am using jlink debugger for connection.

I am able to connect jlink debugger. But i could not erase it.

0693W00000aJZHnQAO.pngPlease suggest me how to erase the flash of STM32H743II.

5 REPLIES 5
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @mr.1​,

Have you tried using STM32CubeProgrammer to erase the flash?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

mr.1
Associate III

Hi Belaid,

I am unable to connect with cube programmer through jlink debugger. It is custom board doesn't have onboard ST debugger. Any other way to erase the flash through jlink debugger?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@mr.1​ J-Flash package (available from Segger) has a special utility, JLinkSTM32.exe

<quote> This program is designed to reset the option bytes of a STM32 device to their factory settings. If read protection of the device is enabled, reset the option bytes will cause a mass erase.</quote>

Try it. You can also ask in the Segger J-Link or J-Flash forum for more info on its use.

I tired with STM32 unlock command line tool. But it is failed to make in default factory setting

There are stand-alone ST-LINK pods

Segger has some tools with the J-Link that do similar things, you'll need to review their documentation.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..