Did you mean: 

stm32c011x SysTick timer issue with RDP Level 1

BRusl.1
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BRusl.1
Associate III

Figured out the problem - the STM32C0116-DK when connected to USB must not be opened by any host app or MCU will detect onboard programmer and hard faults. My shame 😉

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BRusl.1
Associate III

Hi,

[ ... deleted... ]

Issue is that STLink must not be opened by any host app, see below

BRusl.1
Associate III

I'm having two STM32C0116-DK boards. So I've made the simple experiment, unpacked the second board that is shipped with _stock_ LED blinking project and locked it to RDP 1 with :

STM32_Programmer_CLI -c port=SWD freq=4000 -ob RDP=0xBB

Repowered it and guess what ? It stopped blinking exactly as my simple project above. I guess there is real problem with STM32C0 series concerning this issue.

BRusl.1
Associate III

Made the same experiment with STM32C0316-DK and all is working as expected - RDP 1 do not crash the firmware. Seems like problem is related at least to STM32C0116

Simon.T
ST Employee

Hello @BRusl.1​ ,

I did the test with the C011DK, C031DK and NUCLEO, I never observed the issue. I changes the RDP with cube programmer and then after a POR the LED MCU is working fine (LED blinking with HAL delay of 100ms).

Which product revision are you using ? And did you do the POR after changing the RDP ?

BR,

Simon

BRusl.1
Associate III

Figured out the problem - the STM32C0116-DK when connected to USB must not be opened by any host app or MCU will detect onboard programmer and hard faults. My shame 😉

Mistakes are there to be learned from. 😉

Thank you for finding this and reporting it back here!

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.