cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 CRYPTOGRAPHIC FIRMWARE LIBRARY

LMalv.1
Associate II

Hello, I would like to install the stm32 cryptographic firmware library to use with the STM32F030K6Tx.

I download the latest version of the library the 4.1.0 from https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-cryptolib.html.

I followed the guide https://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/stm32mcu/wiki/Security:Getting_started_with_the_Cryptographic_Library 

but I cannot find the correct library for the STM32F0.

In the description  of the library package is clear that the firmware includes also the STM32F0 series, so I need some help to install the correct library. 

Thank you for support me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello @LMalv.1,

The STM32F0 which embeds a Cortex-M0 is supported by the library:

STM32CubeExpansion_Crypto_V4.1.0\Middlewares\ST\STM32_Cryptographic\lib\libSTM32Cryptographic_CM0_CM0PLUS.

Now there is no example provided for the STM32F0. You will need to port one from G0 or L0 for instance to F0.

It should be quite straightforward as there is no dependency of the library related to the hardware except for the usage of the CRC (Used to make sure library runs on a STM32).

Best regards

Jocelyn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello @LMalv.1,

The STM32F0 which embeds a Cortex-M0 is supported by the library:

STM32CubeExpansion_Crypto_V4.1.0\Middlewares\ST\STM32_Cryptographic\lib\libSTM32Cryptographic_CM0_CM0PLUS.

Now there is no example provided for the STM32F0. You will need to port one from G0 or L0 for instance to F0.

It should be quite straightforward as there is no dependency of the library related to the hardware except for the usage of the CRC (Used to make sure library runs on a STM32).

Best regards

Jocelyn

LMalv.1
Associate II

Hello, first of all, thank you for the reply.

Do you suggest me a guide to follow to import the library into my project, and an example I can look at.

Best Regards

Lisa

Most tool chains would presumably permit you to drop libSTM32Cryptographic_CM0_CM0PLUS.a into the project tree, and/or provide a method to add libraries to the build/make process.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello Lisa,

I would recommend having a look to the wiki dedicated to this library.

For instance the Getting Started shows you what to do

You can also open a project from other STM32 to see how it is done.

Best regards

Jocelyn