cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set RDP LEVEL without st link utility?

coffeeMaker
Associate II

Hello,

I would like to set the RDP LEVEL for my stm32l0 MCU without using ST link utility software,

to be more specific, how I can set the level in the firmware to be flashed in which area ? and is it possible to add a script to linker to set the RDP level without changing the code?

Please advice.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your own code can write the options bytes any way it wants. You can have it self initiate a change based on desired vs current settings, or from your own user/command interface to your product..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Your own code can write the options bytes any way it wants. You can have it self initiate a change based on desired vs current settings, or from your own user/command interface to your product..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

thanks @Community member​ 

coffeeMaker
Associate II

hello again,

Just following same context which is RDP, I was able to change the RDP for my MCU by Firmware, but the problem is I need to do the Power on cycle after flashing the FW so the Option bytes change, the NVIC_SystemReset() seems not working at all, my question is if my final device is battery based how I can do a POC to make sure the RDP level has been changed after first flash?