cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about STM32U5 's RDP and TZ

zqizh.1
Associate II

Hi,

When the TZ is enabled, the STM32U5 and STM32L5 has different action when the RDP is configured level 0.5.

STM32U5 don't have "Secure Area1" and "Secure Area 2" in the option bytes, but STM32L5 have.

Please advise stm32u5 whether has plan to recover this feature in your next revision.

Thanks,

QiZhang

2 REPLIES 2
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @zqizh.1​ ,

the screenshots are not much helpful. I see different RDP levels, but nothing else interesting. The OB structure in L5 and U5 is actually very similar. To get information about actual structure and function of OB you should refer to the reference manuals. CubeProgrammer (what version?) may not display them all.

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

My CubeProgrammer version is 2.9.0.

You can duplicate it with kit B-U585I-IOT02A and STM32L562E-DK follow below steps:

1) enable TZ and configure RDP to level 0

2) configure RDP to level 0.5

3) configure RDP to level 1.

During the operation, please take note the highlight part with different kits at different RDP level.

You'll find only kit B-U585I-IOT02A don't have "Secure Area1" and "Secure Area 2" at RDP level 0.5.

Thanks,

QiZhang