cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to protect code ?

ahmash
Associate II

hello everyone , 

how can i protect code in stm32f103 with the ability to upgrade code in future ? i am using stmcube programmer ide and stlink programmer

3 REPLIES 3
STea
ST Employee

Hello @ahmash ,

i recommend you use some static security features like RDP (read out protection ) you will find a detailed description on AN5156 section 6.2 and you can have a look on our mooc videos on this feature in this link .

Hope this will answer you inquiry.

BR

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Enable RDP and have your own loader capable.of IAP (In App Programming) to upgrade your application, ideally using encryption if the update is to be distributed.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi @ahmash ,

user @Tesla DeLorean is right. More about the IAP can be found for example here:

X-CUBE-IAP-USART - STM32Cube in-application programming using the USART embedded software (AN4657) - STMicroelectronics

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.