cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is MotorControl Workbench failing to open projects?

DSchu.9
Associate II

Due to hardware limitations, I must run MotorControl Workbench through the command line. However, running the executable WB_Console.exe fails to open valid projects.

Command issued:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\MC_SDK_5.Y.4\Utilities\PC_Software\STMCWB\WB_Console.exe" -f example.stmcx -generate -Q

This command ideally begins generation without the GUI. However, I immediately get this error:

The project was created with a legacy Workbench release 0.0.0. Please use that version to load the project.
Generation with error.

Given that the example.stmcx is a perfectly valid file (and functions on other hardware), this error is problematic. However, the bigger problem is that the generation will succeed occasionally. I cannot isolate why and have run several tests, including shutting down the system, introducing new (both valid and invalid) files, resetting the software, closing the console.

Regards,

DS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DSchu.9
Associate II

After even more testing, I determined the issue was file paths. While this doesn't address the bugs of occasionally working, it did function enough for my needs.

My solution: have the .stmcx file path be full (C:\Users\Username\...\example.stmcx)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DSchu.9
Associate II

After even more testing, I determined the issue was file paths. While this doesn't address the bugs of occasionally working, it did function enough for my needs.

My solution: have the .stmcx file path be full (C:\Users\Username\...\example.stmcx)