cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why I3C NACK (use the NUCLEO‑H503Rb and X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 )

CLHUANG
Associate III

I used the NUCLEO‑H503Rb and X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 boards to do the I3C protocol sample to get the sensor data on X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 boards.

I use the I3C sample program in STM32CubeIDE 1.13.0

CLHUANG_2-1690199706649.png

When I press the USER button on the board, 

CLHUANG_0-1690200085708.png

and I get the following waveform ,I want ask why nack?

CLHUANG_1-1690199627806.png

I alreadly check the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 boards voltage and sensor voltage is 3.3V and 1.8V,or have any other must chek?

Has any engineer encountered this problem? or some one can help me ,thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @CLHUANG , 

NACK : because you need to reduce the frequency of the I3C ( Try to use 3MHz for example).

The available example is running with 12.5MHz and the board need to communicate with reduced frequency at the beginning.   

Foued 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CLHUANG
Associate III

I use the I3C_Sensor_Direct_Command_DMA  this sample project

and remove the code (under)

#if (defined (__GNUC__) && !defined(__ARMCC_VERSION))

initialise_monitor_handles();

printf("Semihosting Test...\n\r");

#endif

and Get Protocol

CLHUANG_0-1690273278285.png

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @CLHUANG , 

NACK : because you need to reduce the frequency of the I3C ( Try to use 3MHz for example).

The available example is running with 12.5MHz and the board need to communicate with reduced frequency at the beginning.   

Foued 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @CLHUANG , 

For more details about the I3C communication using STM32 MCUs, please check this application note: Introduction to I3C for STM32H5 series MCU - Application note .

Foued

Dear Foued

I was referring to this page before, but I was still confused about how to write it, so I came up to ask

CLHUANG_0-1690478782602.png

And because I connected the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3, I need a sample program, so I used the sample code in the IDE, the name is I3C_Sensor_Direct_Command_DMA, this can make me move, but I need to remove a piece of code.

Hello @CLHUANG ,

For IKS01A3 shield , we have only 2 I3C sensors ( LSM6DSO and LPS22HH ).

You need to communicate with which sensor or with both using I3C ?

Foued