cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to report product specification issues (STM32H747I-DISCO) on the ST website?

krjdev
Associate II

Today my STM32H747I-DISCO board arrived.

Currently faced out an issue about the specification on the website from ST:

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32h747i-disco.html

• There is a 512Mbit SDRAM mounted on the board instead of 256Mbit

Please can somebody tell this the webmasters of the ST site, so they can fix this for other customers?

3 REPLIES 3
Bouraoui Chemli
ST Employee

Hi,

I have checked the mounted SDRAM datasheet (IS42S32800G-6BLI) which is 256Mbit.

Can you please share your board reference and version? Also, can you explain how did you find the memory size at 512Mbit?

Bouraoui

Hi,

Yes, there is really a SDRAM with 256Mbit mounted. Have I noticed this yesterday.

The reason why I have thought that on the board is a 512Mbit (IS42S32160D-6BL) SDRAM mounted is, that I first investigated the schematic diagrams of the board in the user manual. Once again I have looked in the schematics today, there are two types (256Mbit and a 512Mbit) for the SDRAM (U7) noted. I have misinterpreted that, because there is no additional note, which type (IS42S32800G-6BLI or IS42S32160D-6BL) is really mounted.

Sorry, it was a mistake from me.

I have attached a screenshot from the user-manual with the schematic section from the SDRAM. 0693W00000KbKJWQA3.png

There should be a BOM in a separate file.

This type of part usage tends to allow more flexibility in the build options, depending on costs and part availability.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..