cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Clock Speed of the SDRAM FMC on the STM32F469?

C.East2
Associate III

Once again I'm struggling to find a clear source for a peripherals clock with STM32 MCU's.

Most searching leads me to HCLK/2, so at a max HCLK of 180MHz I get 90MHz.

However, looking at there reference manual for the STMF469 I see this:

0693W00000NscFdQAJ.pngFrom an example linked here, I can see that the STM32H7B3LI has a divider to select the HCLK Division.

I cannot, however, see this option in MXCube for the STM32F469, but it says that the clock speed could be HCLK/3.

Any idea what's going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Correct. I've found the divider in question, which CubeMX calls 'SDRAM common clock' which seems obvious but the parameter is of type 'HCLK clock cycles' where there selectable options are '2/3 HCLK clock cyles' when it's really a prescaler. This really needs to be made clearer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

0693W00000Nscn6QAB.jpgPerhaps a deficiency in CubeMX, or looking in the wrong place. Or that 90 MHz is already under the typical 100, 133, or 166 MHz rated SDRAMs of the day, and you're likely not using 66 MHz parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Correct. I've found the divider in question, which CubeMX calls 'SDRAM common clock' which seems obvious but the parameter is of type 'HCLK clock cycles' where there selectable options are '2/3 HCLK clock cyles' when it's really a prescaler. This really needs to be made clearer.

I'm not sure it is a prescaler, the peripheral is a complex sequencer, it's running at HCLK internally.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I get it doesn't prescale the HCLK for the whole peripheral, but certainly it scales the HCLK down to the SDCLK. Either way having the parameters in terms of 'HCLK Cycles' seems a wrong way of defining an output clock, would you agree?