Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog problem after FLASH_EraseSector

franz2399
Associate II
Posted on February 22, 2012 at 17:09

Hi,

I use STM32F205RCT6 and attached you will find a sample for the STM320G-EVAL.

Following problem. I have enabled the watchdog, but the FLASH_EraseSector takes much longer as the watchdog timeout. So I tried to reset the watchdog with the WWDG_IRQHandler. But the interrupt isn't called in this case!

Reference Manual:

When the EWI interrupt cannot be served, e.g. due to a system lock in a higher priority task, the WWDG reset will eventually be generated.

And

Watchdog cannot be disabled again except by a reset.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks

#watchdog-flash-erase
11 REPLIES 11
emalund
Associate III
Posted on February 23, 2012 at 22:02

at 30 MHz

if you are only running 30MHz, do you HAVE to use a F2, using a F1 with LSI clocking of the WD would handle it easily.

Erik

Posted on February 23, 2012 at 22:25

Wow, now we have indented replies, that's new.

The erase times for the F2 are fantastically sucky, see page 90

http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/DATASHEET/CD00237391.pdf

The F1 has 1KB and mass-erase times maxing at ~40ms

Agree with Eric, if you can use an F1, or the even the large memory F1's which have two flash banks, that might be a better way to go. Using the F2's FLASH as intermediate storage is not the way forward. Perhaps an external NAND FLASH, or Micro MMC?

It really surprises me that the F2 does not have the facility for a separate puppy clock some certifications require that.

I think that's what the IWDG is for, as noted earlier is uses an internal low frequency source, being independent and all.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..