cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reprogram STM32G030F6P6

ccacitti
Associate

I am trying to reprogram a STM32G030F6P6 with a St-link V3 but in STM32CubeProgrammer I get: "Error: No STM32 target found! If your product embeds Debug Authentication, please perform a discovery using Debug Authentication".

When the chip is brand new I can program it once with no issue, but when I try to change the program I get the error.

The RST pin is connected to the programmer and I'm using Mode: Under reset in STM32CubeProgrammer but it makes no difference.

I can see that the program I have previously uploaded runs correctly because it's blinking an LED. I've also tried connecting the BOOT0 pin to 3v3 and resetting the board but I can still see the LED blinking so it's running the program and not going into boot loader mode.

Schermata 2023-07-31 alle 13.53.08.png

2 REPLIES 2
ONadr.1
Senior III

In these cases, I simply turn off the power, connect NRST to GND, and turn on the power. Then I start "Connect" on the programmer and about 1 second later I release the NRST from the GND connection. In almost all cases the connection goes through and then I do a Mass Erase.

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @ccacitti , 

Make sure that your STLink firmware is upgraded. 

Try "Connect under reset" mode : Press the reset and hold it and click "Connect" button. And just after pressing release the reset button.

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.