Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to debug project in STM32CubeIDE using STM32VLDISCOVERY

kinou.1
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @kinou.1​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

The STM32VLdiscovery is an old board which contains the ST-LINK/V1, which is not supported by CubeIDE.and that the CubeProgrammer cannot access via USB.

Would recommend getting another board. A possible option could be to use external debug probe and connect it on the 4-pin SWD header.

I advise you to look at this post.

Hope that this answered your question.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ST-LINK/V1 support was dropped years ago

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

​Hello, I'm a newbie. I tried to do what the title says, but it didn't work. I have connected STM32VLDISCOVERY to STM32CubeIDE with external ST-LINK v2. I created an empty project and tried to debug it, but I got an error that reset_handler was not found.

Hello @kinou.1​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

The STM32VLdiscovery is an old board which contains the ST-LINK/V1, which is not supported by CubeIDE.and that the CubeProgrammer cannot access via USB.

Would recommend getting another board. A possible option could be to use external debug probe and connect it on the 4-pin SWD header.

I advise you to look at this post.

Hope that this answered your question.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen