cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART Receive Interrupt update global variables

Nico3
Senior

Using UART in Receiving Interrupt mode, I want to update various global variables values from console like Putty.  Something like first send the opcode and then value. Please suggest if any sample codes available. 

I am relatively new to programming word and still trying to catchup . Is there any other best option other than Putty. My ultimate aim to  make a interface where user know what option to select before sending new values of  Global variables?

1 REPLY 1
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Is there any other best option other than Putty

Another terminal app often used by Windows people is Teraterm.

Some terminal apps have special input widget to enter a command line without needing echo from the target and without interference with the output from target. This can be very handy. (I use YAT but there are others).

If you like python and automation, consider using the pyserial library. Teraterm has scripting as well. A script can, for example, parse your .map file and find addresses and types of your global variables ))

> Please suggest if any sample codes available. 

Google, search github, get help on https://www.fiverr.com/categories/programming-tech/electronics-engineering/embedded-systems-iot  - this is not too complicated.