cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch panel design with STM32

TouchMe
Associate

Hello,

I am beginner of stm32, help me with selection of touch MCU & Free IDE from STM32.

How to design hardware touch panel with STM32 ?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
T J
Lead

I just finished Touch project.

I found the 072 Eval kit very good.

It shows the touch pad design style and the example works.

so you can see the coding style.

This is non trivial work, you should be committed for many hours and hours of misunderstanding and frustration.

will you design a board ?

I use this method.

Cube to define pins and functionality,

then Kicad PCB

then to code:

Visual Studio, Visual GDB($150)

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

Welcome to the STM32 Community!

STM32F0, STM32L0, STM32F3 and STM32L4 series are the ones with touch capabilities.

To help you select the STM32 device suitable for your need and your application, I recommend you to use the STMCUFinder tool.

Then, you can get started with STM32CubeMX tool that helps to generate code for touch sensing applications.

You can refer to some application notes related to touch sensing: AN3960, AN4312, AN4299, AN3236, AN4316.

Regarding the IDE: TrueSTUDIO is the free IDE that we recommend. Keil also offers a free license for CortexM0 based devices.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

For support of commercial projects consider talking to your local sales office and FAE with touch control experience/expertise. They may also know local contractors/consultants with specific competence.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..