cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U083-DK Issue with compiling code

Bonnie
Associate II

I have an STM32U83C-DK board and downloaded the git repository GitHub - STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeU0: STM32Cube MCU Full Package for the STM32U0 series - (HAL + LL Drivers, CMSIS Core, CMSIS Device, MW libraries plus a set of Projects running on all boards provided by ST)

So that I could run the code from this example

STM32CubeU0/Projects/STM32U083C-DK/Examples/LCD/LCD_SegmentsDrive at main · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeU0 · GitHub 

I have the drivers downloaded and in the correct file location however, I have this issue where a specific file isn't found.

Below is the error message from the STM32CubeIDE

/../../Drivers/STM32U0xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32u0xx.h:101:12: fatal error: stm32u083xx.h: No such file or directory

I have downloaded the drivers file as well but I can't find the file within that directory for stm32u83xx.h and was wondering if there's a way to still build the project without it? I did manually put the stm32u0xx.h file into the HAL_Driver directory because it looked like it was missing it but even with it included, it was still showing the error. I don't know where to look for the stm32u83xx.h because it's referenced in the stm32u0xx.h but not included in the drivers folder  (https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/stm32u0xx_hal_driver/tree/f949e9dd4d8509051e0e4fd34067a3cfc37fe089).

Just for your information, I'm learning how to code the LCD display and am using the example code for reference.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Bonnie 

Have you downloaded the STM32CubeU0 as .ZIP file using this Command:

STTwo32_0-1723454103857.png

If so, the code will have some driver issue. The only way to guarantee that it will work is to Clone repository using the command:

git clone --recursive https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeU0.git

Or download it from the ST Website (on this link).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Bonnie wrote:

Below is the error message from the STM32CubeIDE

/../../Drivers/STM32U0xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32u0xx.h:101:12: fatal error: stm32u083xx.h: No such file or directory

So have you checked if that file - stm32u083xx.h - does actually exist anywhere in your project ?

If it does exist, is it in a location where your project is configured to find it? ie, is it in one of your configured Include Paths ?

Here are the error messages I am getting

Bonnie_2-1723453772688.png

Bonnie_4-1723453960199.png

Bonnie_5-1723454122428.png

Bonnie_7-1723454157851.png

It's called somewhere from the default code from the Github example but I don't know where. I know the stm32u083xx.h doesn't exist in the driver include file path but I can't find online where to download the file either.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Bonnie 

Have you downloaded the STM32CubeU0 as .ZIP file using this Command:

STTwo32_0-1723454103857.png

If so, the code will have some driver issue. The only way to guarantee that it will work is to Clone repository using the command:

git clone --recursive https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeU0.git

Or download it from the ST Website (on this link).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

I've deleted the folders I had originally and then re-downloaded the files again using your suggestions. I'm still getting errors. stm32u0xx.h doesn't seem to exist in the folder by default. 

Bonnie_0-1723456285059.png

I'm still getting errors when compiling on STM32CubeIDE

Are you using the STM32CubeMX V6.12.0, STM32CubeIDE V1.16.0 and the STM32CubeU0 V1.1.0. If so, could you please tell me the exact steps you've been following from the download method to the CubeU0 to the compilation of your project. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

I just erased the flash chip using STM32CubeProgrammer and then tried to flash the code to it and it now works. I have no idea what's changed. Thank you for your support.