cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4 mute mode using address mark detection

Denny007
Associate

I am using STM32L4P5 or STM32L4R9 microcontrollers and want to implement multiple-processor serial communication with 9-bit data length.

As indicated by the following picture from the RM0432 reference manual, MCU will go into normal when address bit( 9th bit ) is 1 AND address byte matches with local slave address, which is saved in ADD[7:0] of the USART_CR2 register.

Denny007_0-1694724448466.png

But in my development case, I want the microcontroller to escape from mute mode when the address bit( 9th bit ) is 1), do not test the address byte matching. Because the microcontroller would like to receive message with multiple slave address( local address or broadcast address or other group address ).

How I can implement this special requirement? I do not want to process each received character from the UART port.

Thank you very much!

1 REPLY 1
Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @Denny007 

The forum moderator had marked your post as needing a little more investigation and direct support. An online support case has been created on your behalf, please stand by for just a moment and you will hear from us.

Regards,

Billy