cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7XX Board

Afsd24
Associate II

Hello, 

I am a beginner in Embedded systems and I have the board DevEbox STM32H7XX with STM32H743VIT6. when i come to select it in Stm32cubeide I don't find this board. how can i fix it? 

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, you can use the STM32H743VIT6 you found to configure it according to the specifications of your board STM32H7XX M (PA1 = LED D2, SD Card, USB etc). You can then use this to create your skeleton program containing this configuration and supplement it with your own program.

A simulation is not possible with STM32CubeIDE, for a co-operation with Proteus you should contact the manufacturer of this PCB Design & Simuation Software or its forum.

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Afsd24, to the community!

STM32CubeIDE only recognises MCUs of type STM32 from STMicroelectronics, as well as boards from STMicroelectronics. If you are using a board from another manufacturer, you can also work with it by selecting its target MCU and configure it yourself. If this target MCU is an original from STMicroelectronics, the generated skeleton programme will also be usable, with other or counterfeit target MCUs the function cannot be guaranteed.

Hope that helps?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your answer. Actually when I come to choose the board i don't find as I said before but under the tab of MCUs I found the STM32H743VIT6. In this case what should I do especially i want also to do simulations with Proteus? 

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, you can use the STM32H743VIT6 you found to configure it according to the specifications of your board STM32H7XX M (PA1 = LED D2, SD Card, USB etc). You can then use this to create your skeleton program containing this configuration and supplement it with your own program.

A simulation is not possible with STM32CubeIDE, for a co-operation with Proteus you should contact the manufacturer of this PCB Design & Simuation Software or its forum.

Good luck!
/Peter

Thank you for the reply. It was really helpful