cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H753 FLASH ECC Question. Always enabled?

Jamie Bayley
Associate II

Hey there everyone.

I'm currently writing a bootloader for an STM32 device. The ECC functions on the flash controller are important to us, but the datasheet doesn't show whether it has to be enabled or not. And I cannot find any registers with an enable bit for the ECC on the FLASH. My assumption is that this ECC is always on?

Which is in contrast to the ECC on the RAM which has to be enabled in software.

Could anybody with any deeper knowledge clarify for me please? Cheers 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

The reference manual will provide more complete information on the technical details of the chip. I’m pretty sure it is permanently enabled.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SofLit
ST Employee

Dear @Jamie Bayley​ ,

Yes internal Flash ECC is always enabled. No way to disable it.

RAM ECC is enabled by SW.

Also there is the AN5342 " Error correction code (ECC) management for internal memories protection on STM32H7 Series" if you are interested by ECC subject.

SofLit

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Strikes me as an integral part of the array, both to ensure viability, and provide high die yield.

Pretty sure ST doesn't have spare line remapping, so each line had better work, especially on an array that's 16mbit

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks SofLit. That's really helped.

I'll have a look closer at the document you provided, as ECC is very important for our use case.

Thank you for the feedback.

If the above comment answered your question, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

SofLit

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.