cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H750 Discovery board SDRAM wrong pin connection (design flaw?)

StanJerm
Associate III

hi, i m working on SDRAM for H750 Disco board, saw the schematic diagram(enclosed) shows pin PH5 - SDNWE, PH6 - SDNE1, PH7 - SDCKE1. But STM32CubeIDE has the wrong connection PC0, PC2 and PC3 as shown enclosed.

I managed to change the pin of SDNWE to PH5, but PH6 and PH7 were not an alternative pin to SDNE1 and SDCKE1. i  tried to use GPIO Pin instead for PH6 & 7 but my code couldn't worked. (the same code worked on STM32F750 Disco board)  Could anyone advise what to do  

8 REPLIES 8

How is a design that demonstrably works flawed?

It uses half the memory as a cost/part saving strategy. Perhaps it's more available long term and interchangeable?

There might be a Cube side issue, that you picked the wrong template, or the template is broken. You pick the right board?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
StanJerm
Associate III

1.jpgCubeIDE SDRAM.jpg

i confirmed its the correct template, correct board H750, the working code is on F750 Disco board. You can try load H750 from CubeIDE..

Hello,

I'm not sure I understandood the case.

I started a new project from Board and selected STM32H750-DK board, Selected to initialize the peripherals and this is the GPIOs selected by CubeMx for the SDRAM:

SofLit_0-1724658151478.png

So nothing wrong here.

Could you please share your ioc file?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

this is e board selection, but i still getting the wrong connection PC0, PC2 and PC3.

HB.jpg

i can only choose STM32H750B-DK... any difference ?

I didn't understand. There is only one DK board available on the market: 

SofLit_0-1724660133199.png

Could you please share your ioc file?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.