cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32h743zit6 Ethernet Can't Ping

Raja_Kaaliraj
Associate III

Hope all is going well. I'm trying to ping STM32H743ZI NUCLEO 144 using LWIP middle-ware. Code generated by CubeMX.

• Configurations:
  1. Set the HCLK to 400 MHz
  2. Enabled the CPU ICache and DCache (under Cortex_M7 Configuration)
  3. Enabled MPU (Region0, Region1 & Region2)
  4. Enabled LWIP
  5. Selected LAN8742 as the Driver_PHY (under LwIP>Platform Settings)
  6. DHCP disabled (IP, MASK: 255,255,255,000 , Gateway: Modem IP)
  7. RTOS disabled
  8. LWIP_HTTPD (LWIP_HTTPD_CGI & LWIP_HTTPD_SSI enabled)
  9. LWIP_HTTPD_MAX_TAG_NAME_LEN set to 16
  10. ICMP enabled (LWIP_BROADCAST_PING and LWIP_MULTICAST_PING in LwIP Key Options>IPMP Options).
  11. Code Generated for Keil V5
  12. MX_LWIP_Process added to the main function in While loop.
while(1)
{
MX_LWIP_Process();
}

I don't know how should I configure the CubeMX or change the generated code to be able to ping my board.sir can you please share the working code please 🙏

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ASEHST
ST Employee

Hello @Raja_Kaaliraj,

Please ensure that your assigned static IP address is in the same subnet as your router and is not within the range allocated by your router's DHCP to avoid IP address conflicts. Also, ensure that your router's IP address is set as the gateway.

You can find a detailed, step-by-step Ethernet example project code based on LwIP here: STM32H7-LwIP-Examples/STM32H743_Nucleo_ETH at main · stm32-hotspot/STM32H7-LwIP-Examples (github.com)

With Regards,

If your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Before generating code with Cube, please begin from one of ready examples. Do not change anything before the selected example "works" (at least responds to ping).

ASEHST
ST Employee

Hello @Raja_Kaaliraj,

Please ensure that your assigned static IP address is in the same subnet as your router and is not within the range allocated by your router's DHCP to avoid IP address conflicts. Also, ensure that your router's IP address is set as the gateway.

You can find a detailed, step-by-step Ethernet example project code based on LwIP here: STM32H7-LwIP-Examples/STM32H743_Nucleo_ETH at main · stm32-hotspot/STM32H7-LwIP-Examples (github.com)

With Regards,

If your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".