cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H573I-DK_aws_ri_tz certificate

ffjunq
Associate III

I'm working with the stm32h573i-dk kit and I need a connection to AWS. I performed the step-by-step procedure as described in the webinar https://content.st.com/stm32h5-connects-smart-things-in-a-secure-way.html, however, I got stuck at the end, where I didn't understand how to add the root_CA certificate on the hardware. When I turn on the board it gives the following status:

ffjunq_2-1712689414514.png

Does anyone know how I should proceed? Remembering that in AWS I created something with the same name as the hardware, I downloaded the certificates generated by AWS, however, I didn't understand how to upload the certificate to the hardware correctly. Can anyone get help?

3 REPLIES 3
grd
ST Employee

Hi @ffjunq ,

according to this other question Solved: Porting STM32CubeExpansion_Cloud_AWS to STM32H563Z... - STMicroelectronics Community, you finally managed to get your device to connect to AWS IoT Core.

So you certainly found how to import the root CA certificate of Amazon server into the device by using the embedded CLI, as explained in the readme file of the application: 

> pki import cert root_ca_cert
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----

May you please indicate whether this step was sufficient, or if you faced other trouble?

Best regards,

-grd

ffjunq
Associate III

Hello.

Exactly, I was able to successfully complete the device registration on AWS.

And yes, that step worked perfectly. The only problem I faced was that, contrary to the README, in item 4.3 - 3:

aws iot list-certificates-by-ca --ca-certificate-id <ca_cert_id> \
      --query 'certificates[?status==`PENDING_ACTIVATION`].certificateId|join(`, `, @)'

it uses single quotes, however, I needed to change to double quotes:

aws iot list-certificates-by-ca --ca-certificate-id <ca_cert_id> \
      --query "certificates[?status==`PENDING_ACTIVATION`].certificateId|join(`, `, @)"

And the next steps and I had to do the same thing.

The command line examples work in bash (unless the strong quotes get unproperly converted into some character encodings?).

Out of curiosity, what command shell do you use?