cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G491RE MCU getting struck

sireevenkat1
Senior

Hi,
I am working on stm32g491re custom board.
I am using STM32cubeide  and segger jlink debugger with serial wire debug.
After flashing the firmware program getting struct at intialization
like HAL_GPIO_INIT()
and HAL_TIMER_init()
if I try to suspend the running/restart the controller through IDE i am getting issue like below
No source available for "(gdb[18].proc[42000].threadGroup[i1],gdb[18].proc[42000].OSthread[1]).thread[1].frame[0]"
and 
Break at address "0x1fff469a" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.
Break at address "0x1fff408e" with no debug information available, or outside of program code
In GPIO i am using one exti gpio if i comment it's executing remaining program.
Same happens with timer interrupt also.
Is there thing missing for interrupts and its not happening every time 8 out of 10 times its happening.  Any one can suggest

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Looks like it's in the bootloader. Is BOOT0 tied low?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

Looks like it's in the bootloader. Is BOOT0 tied low?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

@TDK ,

Yes,i checked Boot pin is  in low state only

Thanks

Do you set SCB->VTOR to the correct vector table address in flash?

@TDK ,@I didn't changed anything in the flash programing.where do I need to check this correct vector address of my mcu is it it datasheet? and where do I need to set this vector address is it is the flash.c ??

Thanks 

Generally, ensure the USER_VECT_TAB_ADDRESS define is uncommented in system_*.c file.

When you are debugging, you can check the value of SCB->VTOR to ensure it is correct. It should point to 0x08000000.

Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @sireevenkat1 

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance.  We'll contact you directly.

Regards,

Billy

Struck with what? Lightening?

If it's going into ROM you need to check BOOT0 and the content of the words written at 0x08000000, invalid content will cause it to ignore FLASH content

Use STM32 Cube Programmer and show us a dump of the memory block at 0x08000000 should be the stuff read in by default.

Attach Screen Shot, Attach .HEX file

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..