cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G473/4 FMC/FSMC feature, pin called FMC_NL and FMC_NADV in datasheet DS12712 rev 5

wb0gaz
Senior

I'm working on migrating a design from STM32F405 series to STM32G473 series, both LQFP100 package, both use FSMC for access to external SRAM (in multiplexed mode; I have separate address latches clocked from FMC_NADV capturing A0..A15 from D0..D15.)

When verifying pin-by-pin alternate function definitions, I encountered FMC_NL (assigned through PB7) where I expected to find FMC_NADV (assigned through PB7.)

On further checking, I see that datasheet for G473 (DS12712 rev 5 is the version I downloaded and am referencing) cites FMC_NL only in the pin/alternate function definitions, and FMC_NADV in the timing diagrams.

The reference manual (RM0440) doesn't appear to site either pin name.

Is reference FMC_NL in the pin alternate function definitions to be taken as a typo which should read FMC_NADV?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @wb0gaz 

It is already mentioned in the reference manual figure 52. FMC_NL (or NADV) 

FBelaid_0-1706604392318.png

I agree, it should have been explicitly detailed in the datasheet.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @wb0gaz 

It is already mentioned in the reference manual figure 52. FMC_NL (or NADV) 

FBelaid_0-1706604392318.png

I agree, it should have been explicitly detailed in the datasheet.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.