Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F750N8H6 Internal Flash size

sergei.poselenov
Associate

Hello,

We have a custom System-On-Module based on the STM32F750N8H6

MCU. We successfully installed 50KB-size U-Boot SPL and 220KB main U-Boot images into the internal Flash, and they work.

Could please someone explain how is that possible? Device datasheet claims it has only 64KB of internal Flash.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

All the ST "value-line" mcus (i.e. those wich marking ending with 0, in several families) are in fact chips from other "higher" lines of the same family, with downgraded specifications.

It means, that the peripherals and memories are there on the chip, but they are untested and their functionality is not guaranteed (and where tested, they are usually tested to lower ranges, e.g. temperature, or less tight specs, e.g. ADC). They may be "locked down" in some way in some cases, and not locked down in others. And, if demand arises, they may in future start to produce dedicated chips where the memories and peripherals simply won't be there.

JW

From experience the F750 uses the same die as the F756, and has 1MB

Testing 1MB has a significant cost in tester time.

The demo code on the F750-DK board is nearly 192KB in size as I recall.

Strange times...

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MikeDB
Lead

All MCU manufacturers do this as creating different mask sets for every product would be prohibitively expensive. But I expect the F730/750 and H750 will gain a lot of sales as they are so agressively priced and so eventually ST will produce a smaller die with just the 64 or 128k of Flash on it, and at that time your product will mysteriously stop working.