cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429 IAP not working

AChan.15
Associate II

Hai, I am using stm32f429igt controller I am trying to use IAP and found one example with stm32f4 cube package. While trying the example the code is not getting uploaded when I tried to upload it still waiting for the file can anyone help me how to solve this.

3 REPLIES 3

You need to use Y-Modem to send a binary file, not send a string of hex codes.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AChan.15
Associate II

Ya I am using Y-Modem to receive the binary file which i generated from the keil IDE. When it waiting for the file I am sending the file using Hercules terminal after it is send it still waiting for the file if i send it twice it goes into hard fault handler. Is that anything else i have to add to the binary file generated to end the transmission...?? (i.e) the file is successfully received.

void SerialDownload(void)
{
    uint8_t Number[10] = "          ";
    int32_t Size = 0;

SerialPutString("Waiting for the file to be sent ... (press 'a' to abort)\n\r");
    Size = Ymodem_Receive(&tab_1024[0]);
    if (Size > 0)
    {
        SerialPutString("\n\n\r Programming Completed Successfully!\n\r--------------------------------\r\n Name: ");
        SerialPutString(FileName);
        Int2Str(Number, Size);
        SerialPutString("\n\r Size: ");
        SerialPutString(Number);
        SerialPutString(" Bytes\r\n");
        SerialPutString("-------------------\n");
    }
    else if (Size == -1)
    {
        SerialPutString("\n\n\rThe image size is higher than the allowed space memory!\n\r");
    }
    else if (Size == -2)
    {
        SerialPutString("\n\n\rVerification failed!\n\r");
    }
    else if (Size == -3)
    {
        SerialPutString("\r\n\nAborted by user.\n\r");
    }
    else
    {
        SerialPutString("\n\rFailed to receive the file!\n\r");
    }
}

AChan.15
Associate II

Hi i just now figured out what you said that i have send the binary file using Y-Modem protocol. Now i have used hyper terminal to send the file using Y-Modem protocol but in his also i am getting some error when sending the file below i have attached the screen short of my error.0690X000009Yi6RQAS.png

0690X000009Yi6WQAS.png