cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F427 Inverted DAC output

tony239955_st
Associate
Posted on July 07, 2015 at 20:13

I've seen at least two other threads with an inverted DAC concern being present, wondering if anyone has more information o the issue? I have 3 identical boards in house populated with the F4, one of which has an inverted DAC output.

I'm not finding any errata on this, only seeing others experiencing a similar issue.

All three boards are running identical code. All boards seem to work properly in GPIO mode. 

My sample size on this issue is small, but if this is a possible concern to any magnitude I would like to identify it before it is too late in the development process. Any input that may be out there would be very helpful.

#dac-inverted-stm32f4
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on July 07, 2015 at 20:31

Seen a couple of reports, but I'm not sure if it's not a board, soldering or ESD issue.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
tony239955_st
Associate
Posted on July 07, 2015 at 20:57

Thanks for the reply Clive. 

I contacted ST directly as well, hopefully someone has an understanding of the fault mechanism so it can be prepared for/avoided on our end. We are pretty careful about design and build here, so I'm cautiously optimistic it isn't a goof on our end. The ESD item is my biggest fear. If the DAC has the possibility to permanently invert from a static hit...that is going to be a bit of a problem in the planned use.