cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 low power clock settings

matas
Associate II
Posted on October 16, 2015 at 10:57

Hey, I need to decrese the STM32F401 consumpion to a minimum, the only problem is that I am using SDIO to interface a microSD card. Since the current consumption depends heavly on the clock is it possible to use HSE (8MHz) to the system while still driving the SDIO with PLL?

Foo Bar
12 REPLIES 12
Posted on October 16, 2015 at 16:06

Well, then it's not

> the only problem is that I am using SDIO to interface a microSD card

as you've said in the first post...

Now you enter the area where every detail matters; we can't guide you through all of them, it's up to you to study all the materials to identify the areas where you could achieve improvement.

And, as I've said, there are times when you have to give up.

JW

matas
Associate II
Posted on October 16, 2015 at 16:46

Thanks a lot everybody, I'll post my findings here if I'll find any :)

Foo Bar
matas
Associate II
Posted on October 20, 2015 at 08:13

I found a way to reduce the current consumption, it was rather simple. Instead of entering the stop mode in the middle of the program (when the sensor is converting measurements), I moved the measurement to be taken durring the standby mode since the sensor is always supplied with power and is not taking much of it. The results are taken from the sensor the next time processor wakes up. Since stop mode is removed, there is no need to setup the Alarm every time and reinitiate the systemclock after stopmode. Now without the microSD card the device takes average 25uA. 

Foo Bar